View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 PM
EcoboostKev
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kermmydog
I'm having a problem with this fuel mileage & the EcoBoost. Ford came out with this big campaign on mileage with EcoBoost.
Yet I have a friend with a 08 1500 4x4 Dodge with a Hemi & stock he got 20 mpg right off the show room floor. He is a member & team owner with VORRA out of Sacramento. He chipped it & gets 23+mpg on a regular basis. I know several others with Dodge 4x4 Hemi's getting 20-21 mpg regularly. Now this is empty of course this goes back 4 years with this mileage. You can buy a 2012 Dodge 4x4 with a Hemi for $26,000 nicely loaded. So what is the big deal with the EcoBoost & fuel mileage.
Yes, It beat the Hemi & Chevy up Union Pass in Arizona, but when was the last time racing up a mountain pass with a trailer in tow award prize money?
I'm not bad mouthing the EcoBoost or the F150 I like the looks of the new F150, For several years the interiors of the F150 was really nice.
I'm just curious.
Craig

Craig
Seeing is believing. You need to get behind the wheel of a Ecoboost with a decent size trailer in tow then you will know what all the hype is about!! I also don't have anything against the new dodge 1500 Hemi and think they are real sharp looking. I do find it hard to believe your buddy is averaging 23+ mpg with that truck?? I'm not sure what you have to push a Hemi to for rpm's to reach max torque but the Ecoboost reaches it at 2700 rpm. That's what made me a loyal customer!!! I tow my 33' 7500lb trailer with absolutely no problems. It cruises along on most roads at 1600rpm and has never seen over 2600rpm's on the steepest hills here in the North East with the cruise set at 62mph. A Hemi would pull it too with no problem but not as easily as the Ecoboost and not without screaming at a much higher rpm making less torque.