Thread: 80 F150 build
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Jespo80f150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
80 F150 build

so some of you said you were subscribed to follow my build. this is the offical thread for the build. if you saw my pics i did the sanding and layed primer on the roof and started the hood and yesterday the fender.

pulled the tranny back today to look at the clutch. throwout bearing moves and is all good in one piece, clutch plate looks fine. the disk however moisture got to it over the winter and like i thought it swelled to the flywheel and split so it looks like its in two pieces. gunna shop around now see if i can fine a kit with just the plate and throwout bearing (bearing is just for safe measure) lmctruck.com has a whole kit for $160 but being unemployed i cant swing it. so im just going to be looking for the clutch plate. till then im gunna take the surface rust off the fenders and primer the hood and fenders. ill have pics once thats done. project is on the way, man i feel good wrenching on something again.

oh, and i found a nice big mouse nest inside the inspection plate, those *******s