View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been working on it the past couple of days, Monday was basically a wash doing parts running. I did the c00nhunter tranny mod and put a new pan on since I had to remove it to take the accumulator body out, and the new one was cheap and now it has a drain.

I also worked on the exhaust, part of Mondays' part running was getting some bushings so I could attach the oil drain flange to the turbo. I had gotten this kit http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...e628559f0e5349 The aluminum flanges mounting holes are large for the bolts that it comes with so I got a pair of sleeve bearings to eliminate the slack. Getting those were a pain in the neck but, I got it done. So now with the turbo bolted in and the down pipe in place I could finish fabricating the exhaust.
I got this tail pipe section from Amazon. It's 3" and mandrel bent for $53 shipped!! Here I have it zip tied in place for a guide.

Here is the down pipe installed looking up

Turning the camera to the back, you can see the muffler

From the muffler a section of straight pipe to the mandrel bent piece

From the back

It seems low but that maybe because there is no bumper and it's been a long time since the exhaust came this far back. So I may alter it, but for now that's how it'll stay.