View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 06:21 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
powerstroke72, you my friend, are a ROCK STAR!

Thank you....

I noticed that Chrome Book was missing some options, and I could not get the Option price to come out quite right which will not likely play in my favor, however this is a good start.

So if I walk in with this, and cheaper prices on Warranty and Maintence Plans, what is to say they will take it?

Thanks,

Dave

Originally Posted by powerstroke72
Here are two very good resources Dave:

Chrome Carbook :: Auto Loans :: Loans :: USE Credit Union

Hassle-Free Car Buying Experience from Local Dealers - TrueCar

Check each one of them out. On the first link, click the link that says "Access the Chrome Carbook Website".

In each of those, you can get exact dealer cost as well as MSRP. Go on one of those and build out a vehicle exactly as you'd like it and you'll see both prices. Or, find a vehicle you like on the dealer's lot and snap a pic of the window sticker or look up the window sticker online. Build the vehicle according to the window sticker on the TrueCar site or the Chrome site and you'll be able to find the invoice price.

On the last four vehicles I've bought, I've paid $200 over invoice on two of them and on the other two I paid invoice. From that point the rebates were deducted. I used our local dealer for all of them. When you find a vehicle you like and have the invoice price in your hand when you start to negotiate with them, it eliminates a lot of the back and forth.

I told my dealer this was his invoice and gave him the sheet I'd printed out. No haggles at all and I bought it for my price. They got the holdback from the sale and I get all of my service done there so they know they're going to get some service work after the sale too.

Give it a try.