Old 07-05-2012, 10:55 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
Received 137 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdesanctis
Out on the new/old boat! for the day on the 4th.
I had a very scary/ close call last night. Me, my cousin, my ol' lady, and another friend went floating down a near by river on tubes. This is something we do a few dozen times a year. Its a good time to kick back relax and drink a few cold ones. We were about a half an hour from where we get out and its a deep fast current part of the river. I looked behind me and saw my girlfriends hands sticking out of the water waving around and her float was about 50 feet from her. I jumped off my tube swam to the shore ran up stream past her and jumped back in. I grabbed a branch that she was hanging onto planted my feet on the river bed and lifted the branch and her out of the water. we worked our way up the branch to the river bank and got our floats from my cousin. She got out of it with a scratch on her arm and spit up a lot of water on me. I have a few broken toes and some cuts/bruises and had to buy a new phone that I had forgot in my pocket. I say it is a very small price to what could have happened.
Good morning Maine.

That was quick thinking. Broken toes sound painful at least everyone lived to se another day