Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
burns5150
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Inline 6 fuel problem (Injectors, pump, or ECM)???

Hey guys....
My 1995 F150 (inline 6) is giving me a fit! I bought it used and I am riding it of as many problems as I can. I could have one (or all!) of three problems.....Here is whats going on....

Was told it had a bad fuel pump only, so I replaced the fuel pump with an Ebay pump. Was listed as a "HIGH PERFORMANCE PREMIUM DAEWHA FUEL PUMP MODULE E2059M" and was compatible with my truck.

...Question 1: Is this the right pump? Is this a high, or low, volume pump... and which would be needed on my truck?

I also found that the fuel line was stopped up with what looked like carbon?? I freed the line,, and have good passage now. I checked pressure on the line, at around 25-30 psi

...Question 2: I took off and cleaned my fuel injectors...they seemed to have good spray, some more than others. I hate to spend a few hunder dollars on replacing these, if not needed. I am worried that maybe the bad line could have sent more trash toward the injectors. (If the line clogged up, surely the injectors got some of the trash). Can these injectors be taken apart and cleaned a little better?

...Question 3: Could the ECM be the problem of all this, and everything else be fine?

The truck will run, but seems to be either starving for fuel or flooding itself out. It runs real good at an idle..but seems to be "bogging" when given more pedal.
Which would be a good starting point? If I start replacing everything that may not be needed, the cost would add up fast...Thanks in advance for any help, guys!