View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 AM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by curtw48
Carolinaborn82,

Check out this guys posts. He did it the right way.
Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans - View Profile: Platinum_Sean
I only bring this up as the OP needs to be thinking about all this information and axle loading, even if he is bumper towing. The OP has asked the right questions, and every post has been informative and great.

This link goes to a very nice looking rig, but I was looking for loaded axle weights and pin weights on that rig he has. I do not see any of that type of information in his "garage" section? I see that he has superspring helpers, which would account for the proper frame slope (no rear squating under load) but do nothing to add even one pound of ANY actaul or usable axle capacity, only adjust ride height.

Is that 5th really that light that with 15% or so weight on the pin, a full load of fuel, his normal load of gear and people in the truck that he is not over on the 1/2 ton rear GAWR? Even on the SD trucks, with there much heavier rated rear axles, the SRW configuration rear axle capacity seems to be the single largest limiting factor

If so, then I would say he has done a absolutly fantastic job of matching a truck and trailer!

If not, then I would say he has done a fantastic job of making a overloaded rig "appear" safe.

David