View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 PM
GPinNC
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie questions

Hello everyone....I've just recently bought a '59 F100 with 6cyl and a 4 speed manual. Its a driver but there are plenty of things I need to fix and I hope y'all don't mind if I ask for your knowledge from time to time. Firstly...my brake lights aren't working. I have gotten the laminated wiring schematic off ebay which I'm sure will be a big help. I have read about the brake switch attached to the master cylinder (sw-24) often being the culprit....seems as though that could easily be the problem. What I need to know...if I get a new one and put it on there....will I have to bleed the brakes?

Other questions that come to mind....what motor oil do y'all use? The manual says 30W....but it was written in 1959, lol. I've read that I should use an oil with a zink additive??

What fluid should I use on the transmission....rear diff? Speaking of the rear diff.....I was under the back of the truck for a minute and didn't see any bolts on there to remove the rear diff cover...what's up with that??

I've seen some bolt on power brake boosters on ebay....do they install easily and work well?

I'm sure i'll have a LOT of other questions in the future. I'm just going to try and fix one thing at a time. Thanks in advance for your help!