View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy001 View Post
Pretty confident that the alternator capacity has nothing to do with the fact that there is no snow plow prep option. I think that the only trucks that can be rated to carry a small plow are the HD trucks, and those are restricted to light plows for personal use only.

I don't think the front suspension was ever designed to handle the abuse of carrying a plow. That, IMHO, is the week link here.

Non of the F-150's are snow plow rated, HD or not. The reason Ford gives is because the electric power assist steering (EPAS) draws so much juice that the electrical system can't handle the load of the electric snow plow motors.

The only F-150's that don't have EPAS are the 6.2L trucks and they are not rated for plow prep packages either but it has little or nothing to do with the front suspension.

I don't advocate plowing with a half ton truck but if the power is there to operate the plow motor what excuse will Ford come up with next?
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines