View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 PM
brobrad
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PROGRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I got the engine and tranny out today. There are some do's and don'ts. Do take the throttle body and starter off. The most difficult bolt was from teh passenger side motor mount. I took it out one click at a time. If i had know i was goning to remove the starter, it would not have been so bad. Don't think it will happen in a couple of hours. I almost cut the (pardon the lack of the term) the bar that goes across the front of the truck that is above the core support. The Dodge trucks have that portion of the body that is bolted in. I started to cut it and weld on a flange to reinstall it later, but avoided it thus far. i may do it when i go back in with the 4bt, but my welder is not all that great. the wire feed is eratic. Anyway, i'm still not sure if ill order mounts from Autoworld Montana or reuse the gel mounts from the 4bt. I found an intercooler from a frito-lay van that is top in and out, but i don't know if i would ever find the intake elbow that would fit the tubing. It sure does feel good to have it out and progress underway.

Don't know why photo's are rotated. I fixed them, but it saves in here the same.