Old 06-17-2012, 03:49 PM
J ballan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 78 Ford F150 460
HIO Silver---the MSD Atomic is not a return fuel system, the FAST is. Had I realized this I probably would have purchased the MSD system simply so I didn't have to plumb a return fuel line...

So you're advising to run another Fuel pump with the same fuel volume as the FAST pump ?

Run a fuel solenoid valve? Would I wire this into the "Y" junction or the toggle switch on the dash? How do I hook this up?

400 .040 Over---What is a 6 valve switcher and what does it do? What's it used for? Is this for my return fuel line issue?

J Ballan---I already spoke with FAST and they stated that if the fuel pump is farther away than 20" from the tank, it will damage it. These type of fuel pumps are "pusher" pumps, not "puller" pumps. They work off of gravity to be fed, then pushes the fuel up stream...Since this system cost me $2300, I don't want to just hook it up and see what happens.
I hear ya. Most pumps are better pushers than pullers. IMHO getting the fuel up and out of the tank would be the hard part, an extra 20'' or so wouldn't be a big deal. Asuming the lines are in good shape so it wont suck in air and cavitate the pump.It would also keep things simple. This is just my opinion, I've been wrong before. Just ask my wife. Ha ha.