View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 PM
WhiteWidow
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
Did you look at the TB throttle plate to see if it is closing all the way? Something, like the TPS, might be preventing it from closing.

Check the PCV elbow too, the stupid thing cracks all the time.

Normal hot idle should be 800-900 RPM.

Josh
The TB plate is shut nice and tight with no gaps that i can see.

PCV elbow is perfect and i actually took it out a couple weeks ago and cleaned out the gunk that was in there that was preventing it from operating at all. Just checked it and its nice and clean like i just got finished cleaning it.

Edit: Welcome to FTE!!!!

Shurely you have a CEL lit & or computer trouble codes stored, so scan, or have your favorite autoparts store scan the computer for trouble codes & post All code Numbers found, as they can provide good trouble shooting clues. Most autoparts stores will scan for codes at no cost if the CEL is lit.
Thank you for the welcome and your suggestions but i have no CEL on at all and never have. The only light that is on after starting up is my parking brake light but that's only on because i screwed with the brakes and the cable before i found out the parking brake struts are missing.

This is really starting to annoy me that nothing i try is working. I first thought that it might be an intake leak but i feel no suction at all and have also done the carb cleaning test with no results.

This is probably the only thing that has so far gotten the best of me in being unable to fix.

Edit: Alright new problem. As i was messing with some vacuum hoses i happened to look down at the ground below the engine and noticed some green. So i crawled under the truck and saw it was antifreeze that was collecting on the bottom of the bell housing. Thinking this and the high idle could be caused by an intake leak i looked behind the engine but didn't see anything so i then i looked at the freeze plugs and noticed one on the driver's side was pretty bent up but couldn't tell if it was leaking at all due to all the oilish reside on that side of the engine. I did a pressure test after putting in a new radiator but there were no leaks and it was holding the pressure.

Could this cause the high idle?