Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 AM
crawco
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a Freakin Nightmare

I am still trying to get my truck right. The SC install was very difficult because Whipple has not done the research to see if the kit fits other F150s besides the Raptor. I paid $8000 for the polished 2.9L SC Kit from Lethal Performance with the Custom (haha) Jon Lund Tune because I was installing Stainless Works Headers and full 3” dual exhaust and the Whipple tune will not work with headers. I am essentially the guinea pig for them. The first SC had a bad bearing and sounded like the loudest gear drive you have ever heard. Lucky for me I live 150 miles from Whipple HQ in Fresno, Ca. Mike at Whipple was really good about getting me a new polished SC for me to pick up. Shipping would take too long and my truck was down. Besides it gave me a great excuse for a 300 mile road trip in my ’07 GT500 Super Snake. Mike didn’t seem too disturbed about me showing up with a Ken Belle SC under the hood of my Shelby. He gave me the tour and I got some great pics. Whipple is top notch they just need to do their homework better. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" oreferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><vath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></vath><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 468pt; HEIGHT: 289.5pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="IMG_2355-2" src="file:///C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o></o>
Next stop header install. Passenger side is rough because 6.2 motor is offset to that side to make room for the differential in a 4WD application. Gotta remove the starter and both front wheels to make it easier. Had to jack up the motor until SC was hitting top of cowl and just barely slammed the header in after trying for a half hour. Also my new 10k 2-Post lift got its breaking in with my truck on it for a week. Actually Stainless Works exhaust is the best fitting highest quality I have ever installed. It should be for $3000 including ceramic coating the headers from JetHot. The sound is soooo deep it sets car alarms off just driving down the street.<o></o>
<o> </o>
Now the hard part, the Jon Lund Tune. It SUCKS and they refuse to contact you. Lethal refers you to support.lundracing.com, but there is no phone and they will only communicate with Lethal. It has been 3 weeks and it is still jacked. I have it at a local tuner trying to create a custom tune starting with the stock Ford 6.2 tune. There is a major flaw in the idling parameters for Lund Tunes. Many people having this problem online. Once the motor warms up it will not idle steady. The RPMs jump to 1500 with no notice. It will bounce between 300 and 1500 dying most times even while driving. I had my truck throw a 1500 rpm rev at a stop light and lurch forward and almost hit a high school kid in the crosswalk. At this point I have my tuner sending datalogs to Ken Briones at Lund Racing. I still cannot believe these guys will not acknowledge my existence with the courtesy of an email or phone call. Lethal seams to being trying to make it right. Dealing with Derek there and he seems to be a good guy. I would stay away from Lund Tunes at all costs. The arrogant customer service is reason enough aside for the defective product. Many people online have given up and gone to local tuners for proper tune.<o></o>
<o> </o>
The tuner has it on a Mustang Dyno so he able to test it under load. Only pulled one test to set a baseline with the Lund tune. Came in at 464 at only 5500rpms. I can’t wait to get it running wright and floor it. I am sure it will be well over 500hp to the rear wheels.<o></o>
<o></o>