View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moral quandary...

First, one ground rule, please...

I certainly enjoy and value all of the wiseassery that occurs around here, and I'm obviously looking for honest opinions, but please keep the silliness to a minimum... (just on THIS thread...please.)

I have a grandmother who is getting to the end of the line so to speak.

She and I are NOT close...never have been.

I will spare you all of the gory details, but lets just say that we don't think much of each other.

For those of you who are unaware, I am the youngest of three children.

When my sister graduated from high school, my grandmother presented her with an automobile. My sister was very grateful, and what 18 year old kid wouldn't appreciate a free car from a grandparent?

When my brother married (at roughly age 19), he and his wife received a car as a wedding gift from the same grandmother. He too, was very grateful, and who wouldn't be?

I graduated from high school a loooooong time ago.

Got married too. (twice)

Now, at 39 years old, this grandmother of mine has realized that her days are getting limited and has decided that she wishes to give me an automobile before she passes.

Really.

On one hand, it's a bit "too late" (I'm a grown man with three cars in the driveway...) This grandmother and I have never been close, and why bother? Who needs it?

On the other hand, if her dying wish is to bequeath me an automobile, what kind of butt head am I to say, "thanks, but no thanks..."

Frankly, I feel sleazy either way.

Thoughts?