Old 06-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Coneynew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Franklin2
It's easy to make sure the EGR has the signal it needs. Start the engine from sitting overnight(cold) get under there and pull the rubber line off the EGR valve. Hold your finger over the hose, there should be no suction. Rev the engine some, there still should be no suction on the line when the engine rpms are up.

Take the truck down the road and get it warmed up fully. Leave it running, open the hood, and at a idle, take the EGR hose off again. There should be no suction. Then rev the engine, there should be suction when it's warmed up and you rev the engine.
Thank you for that info. I will try that out. Does that mean if it works as you described, does the suction at higher rpms after being fully warmed up, cause the EGR to open or close? I guess the next thing to do after I follow your instructions is to make sure the EGR itself is good. For almost 10 years, I have not had that vac line connected to the EGR (Circled in red) and the other connection that was not there was the other live going to the air cleaner assembly.