View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 PM
ToMang07
Logistics Pro
Received 614 Likes on 382 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
lol nice one.just saw my first June bug today.them things sure are nasty you know it? look at one up close sometime.they're like flying cockroaches lol.

whats the story with brake rotors taking so long to swap out?
I've had those suckers for a few weeks now.... one thing I do NOT miss about the bike is hitting them damn things at night.

As far as the brakes, I replaced EVERYTHING over the last year, except the front rotors on my 97 Subaru Legacy. I went to finally do the rotors yesterday, and the damn bracket bolts were right frozen solid. One side took a jack to break them loose, the other side took multiple rounds of PB Blaster, a torch, and a mini-sledge.

Once I finally got the caliper brackets off...one of the slide pins was frozen solid.... so I had to get that sucker out, then clean out the caliper bracket since on one had them in stock, and go find a place that had the slide pins in stock. It took a while, and I eventually found out the part number NAPA had for the slide pins was not the right part.

So long story short.... a project that SHOULD have taken an hour, tops, took over 4 hours to complete.