Old 06-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Xenthrax
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
External Clutch Slave Cylinder removal and installation

Hey guys, It's time for me to ask help on something I've never personal had experience with, but it doesn't seem too difficult so I'm going to try and tackle it.

I was driving home one day from school, and as I was approaching a traffic light, I put my foot on the clutch take the truck out of gear. When I put pressure on the clutch pedal it went straight to the floor with no pressure. I figured perhaps I lost pressure, so I tried pumping it, but still to no success. When I eventually got the truck home stuck in 3rd, I noticed that the external clutch slave cylinder was hanging down from the transmission broken.

I went out and bought a new one, read the instructions and realized this is more than what I had thought.

My problem is I need to remove, bleed, and reinstall this external slave cylinder, but I'm pretty skiddish about the whole removal, and bleeding/installation proceedure, being as though I've got no experience with it.

Any help you guys can provide would be awesome

Thanks
Drew

footnote: Might have forgotten something, so More information to come when asked