Thread: 2013 Expedition
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 PM
jcb206
More Turbo
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts
And they wonder why sales are down. Everyone is waiting for the new powerplants and/or design. I can go out right now and buy a 2008/2009 that looks and drives almost identical to a 2013 for $20K+ less with a 5yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty included.

You are losing your customers Ford. People are looking to Chevy/GMC/Toyota for better powerplants. I know at least 5 people that want a new Expedition but want better engines and only two of those want less space. Get off your asses.

Next year they will say the large SUV market is dieing rapidly because 2013 sales are down more than 2012, more than 2011, and so forth. We can by the same damn vehicle a couple of years old for less. Thats why sales are down! Offer something new dammit. Looks like what I will be getting a used one too.

How many people traded in their 5.4 F150 for a 5.0, 6.2, or the Eocboost. A hell of a lot. Ding, ding, ding, helped sales didn't it.

Didn't offer the new engines for 2 whole model years because what? Too many left over 5.4l ones? Poor damn planning on your part. Way to pass the buck to your customers.

We all know the F-150 and Expedition will shrink in size for better fuel economy in the coming years, or disappear altogether in the Expeditions case. I want a dang EL and it wouldn't surprise me if they discontinued that first. Hell I want a 6.7l diesel Excursion but can't get a new one of those without paying a HUGE amount of $$$ for it.

The Expedition will hold the Ecoboost and 5.0l of course just give your customers the options. You have already lost many of your customers that need a 3/4 ton SUV to Chevy. How far will you let this go on?

Sorry for the rant guys. I love Ford. Have owned 8 Fords in the last 14 years. I just see Expedition sales going in the toilet because somebody up there wants to rid themselves of old inventory to save every penny while they drive their $250K sports car.