View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:39 AM
jjoyce11
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, good news for now. I went ahead and changed the fuel filter on the truck a few days ago. Some people suggested this could be the problem for the misfire and it needed to be done anyway. It took a bit of struggling but I got it done!

I went to the mountains yesterday for a wheelin' trip with a group and crossed my fingers as I went up the hill near lookout mountain. I talked with some other truck owners and they suggested switching to 2nd gear or out of OD when hitting the hill to see if this stopped the engine light from coming on. As I approached the hill I turned the OD off and the truck kept the speed of 65MPH and didnt seem to be struggling. I was a bit hesitant to really step on it and give it the power to 75MPH as I didnt want to trigger the problem in case it really wasnt solved. On my way home I decided to be a bit more brave and I turned the OD off as coming up flyod hill but turned it off about 1/2 the way up and pushed the gas more and it seemed to do just fine. I could have pushed it a bit more but it help 70MPH nice and easy and the pedal was not on the floor. as of now its fixed but I will push it harder next time to make sure it really is fixed completely before I start wheeling a lot this summer!