View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:27 AM
EcoboostKev
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by F250GH
Well, here is my first issue with the new truck. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but here goes.

While on the on ramp, I punched it to get up to speed around 65 mph. When it finally got up to 60-65, I felt a serious vibration and hesitation in acceleration. Backed off the accelerator, and then she quieted down.

Anyone else with this issue???
That was a problem I read about that they had with 2011 and earlier 2012 models. Trying to pass on the highway customers would put there foot into it and the truck would lose power and start shaking and vibrating. The check engine light would come on and throw a code for a misfire. Ford has a computer reflash to fix the problem supposedly. I have been lucky not have had the same issue especially since my truck is a 2011. I had the reflash done last month when it was in for service just to be safe.It is also suppose to help with a increase to your mpg which is the only complaint I have had with the truck. I would check with your dealer to see if it has been done to your truck.
Good luck, Kevin