Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 PM
oldblue89
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by akamacgyver
Blue, I am down with that mounting flange location being a PITA, you can barely get a wrench on some of the nuts! When I did my engine swap I had to get mine off then on again! When I swap the sidewinder onto my 94 IDIT I might pull the cab! I have heard it's not too hard.

Looks good. The Sidewinder is a good mod for these engines. I am going to swap mine from my 93 to my 94 factory turbo when I have a little time. It works much better with these engines. If you find an air cleaner box, make sure you get the support bracket that mounts to the intake manifold or it won't stay clamped on tight.

Good luck,

Mac

I feel like the ATS 093 might have a louder turbo whistle. Does that appear to be true? They both seem like solid kits but I like that Banks still sells turbos and their parts.

FORDF250HDXLT: It did seem like it was just a tad rich n/a, as I did get black smoke from time to time if I wanted - which I can't complain about.

You seem like you are out for getting better fuel economy like me. Will you still turn your pump up? I think I will see what kind of mpg numbers I get without turning it up, then I will go for it and experiment, of course once I can stop enjoying all this newly discovered power.