View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:33 AM
ncranchero
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Michelin HydroEdge, don't do it!

Let me tell you something to save you some misery. I replaced the original Continental tires at 58K with the P215/65R15 95T Michelin HydroEdge. These are the most awesome tires in ANY amount of rain that I have ever had. They are also the most annoying, maddening, noisy tires I have ever had when it comes to interior noise in this van. I spend 8-10 hours a day at highway speeds in this thing and the roar roar roar is driving me MAD! Sounds like a bad wheel bearing, which I thought it was initially. It went to the dealership twice with no improvement. Two rear wheel bearings, which made no difference (and that I questioned the necessity for, especially after I requested the old parts that they didn't save for me) at a cost of over $375 EACH plus labor changed nothing. DO NOT put these tires on your TC. I have 97K on the van now and the tires show minimal wear so I'm buying some foam insulation in the can and filling every cavity I can find. The $900 poly-liner kit may help but that's a ridiculous price for what little there is to it. Hope that this helps someone else is all I can say.