View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 09:57 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 515 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by eatont9999
Ideally, I would have pulled the first can in through the low side with the vacuum pump running on the high side but I have a cheap manifold set that doesn't allow that. They made it idiot proof so morons won't blow themselves up by putting a can on the high side. I jumped the compressor while I installed the first two cans. I didn't start getting cool air until about 3.5 cans and it wasn't that cool. With 4 cans in the system, I can maintain 58F on the highway and 62 at idle with OAT in the 80's.

From what you are saying, I need to let out about a can's worth of R134a and I should see a huge difference? I should let some R134a out until I can maintain 25-30PSI on the low side? The evaporator tube did ice up when I put the first 2 cans in with the compressor jumped. I still got hot air, though at that point.
There should no need to "pull" anything into the system. When you pull a vaccume to remove the air and moisture, if the system is tight the vaccume will remain. That in turn will pull the oil charge in, then the compressor should cycle pulling in the refrigerant, all threw the LOW side of the system.