View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 06:43 PM
1949Model
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear end hop/bounce

As far as I know, everything under the rear end in regards to the suspension is good and correct but I am going to get it checked out again to be sure. Of the set of four used tires that came with the wheels, two were so bad, the front end/alignment shop could do nothing to get them to balance within standards. The Goodyear dealer actually replaced one tire free and on the other two, I basically got two for the price of one. When the alignment shop was trying to balance the tires they checked out the brakes and everything was okay. For about three weeks after I replaced the third tire and had the front and rear alignment done, the ride was decent but I still had the vibration on the pedal when I applied the brakes and when the tires were cold. I am even running much less air than recommended to give a softer ride even though I know this speeds up tire wear. Now however, it does not matter hot or cold, I have a washboard type ride from the right rear. There are some speeds that everything runs smooth but for the most part, the bounce is there.
I plan to go back to the alignment/balance shop for another look based on your response. Perhaps the 4th tire now has a problem as well...Other than this, this F150 is the best vehicle I have owned but the bounce/hop ride is taking all the fun away from driving. Appreciate your response. I will update.