View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Rebelmoon
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by endoskeleton
Yeah, from what I understand so far, that low voltage is supposed to be there. The same voltage (8.45-8.89v) is on the working side low beams when I switch it to high beams. So there is always voltage at the low beams. But on the working side, when it is switched back to low beams, it obviously switches to 12v. The non-working side stays at 8.45. I just got my FORD Super Duty repair manual, and it has some awesome diagnostic stuff in it. Hopefully I will get to do some diagnostics in the next couple of days and I will come up with the solution.

I don't think the 2008 has a LOM. Mine is a 2009 F-350, but they work the same. I don't think they are used anymore.

I will post the solution here if you don't get to do it first. I think between the 2 of us we should be able to get it done. Although from what you told me of your dealer, they don't sound too competent with the Ford electronics. I would probably have it figured out tonight, except I am not sure if I have the time. Good luck and keep me posted!
That's interesting. I also had the 8.xx voltage on the low beam of the working light that did switch to 12 volts when lit. Sounds like we have the exact same problem albeit on different models but the basic electronics should be the same. As far as my dealer, that's an understatement. I look forward to what you come up with and good luck for both of us..