Old 05-18-2012, 06:15 PM
CM_3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I will be heading home tomorrow (Saturday) and I will probably take the Old Girl to the Ford Dealer. I was doing some more research, and I found there is a voluntary Ford safety recall covering the wiring harness for the FICM on the 2004 F350 SD (Safety recall 05s34, NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 05V270000, found at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...ls/results.cfm) :

Summary:
CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES AND VANS EQUIPPED WITH 6.0L DIESEL ENGINES MAY EXPERIENCE STALLING WITHOUT WARNING WHILE DRIVING AND MAY OR MAY NOT RESTART.
Consequence:
SHOULD THE ENGINE STALL, A VEHICLE CRASH COULD OCCUR.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL UPGRADE THE FUEL INJECTION CONTROL MODULE (FICM) WIRE HARNESS OR REPLACED, AND/OR HAVE A NEW INJECTION CONTROL PRESSURE (ICP)) SENSOR CONNECTOR INSTALLED FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JULY 22, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-800-392-3673.

The summary fits my symptoms, but I never received the safety recall notice. I’m hoping they will take care of it with no issues, even though it has been so long. I’ll let you all know what happens.

Last edited by CM_3; 05-18-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Grammer and copy/paste errors