View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:24 PM
ctsv510
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jjoyce11
Have or do you change your fuel filter? I have the handbook that says how and it seems pretty simple. However, I have hear also there is a button on my year of ford that I can just "hit" and it will shut off the gas then I can change it rather than worrying about the pressure and all that jazz...any suggestions or ideas?

as far as the sea foam, I am not quit sure what you mean. I know when I had the plugs changed they let my truck soak with seafoam for a good day before removing them so the plugs would come out easier...
Yes, I changed my fuel filter last week. I just let the truck sit for a few hours and the pressure went down enough that it didn't spray when I disconnected the lines. I know nothing about a button to shut off the gas, I've only had my truck for a few weeks, but some people recommend pulling the fuel pump fuse and cranking the engine, which should relieve the pressure. On my cadillac I have a schrader valve on the fuel rail so i can just cover it with a rag and depress the pin and it relieves all the pressure.

Changing the filter is very easy to do, you just need a fuel line disconnect tool for the side closest to the front of the truck, which you can get at any auto store. Cheap plastic ones work just fine, no need to spend a lot there. The rear line just has a clip that you undo, push out and separate the connection.

Seafoam can be used in three ways, (1) poured into the crankcase to mix with oil and clean that part of the motor (2) poured into the gas tank to mix with gas and clean the fuel system and injectors (3) poured into a vacuum hose to be pulled into the intake and run through the cylinders.

When they changed your plugs they probably poured it in a vacuum hose to clean out the cylinders including the plug tips. I am recommending you run it through the gas tank so it travels through your fuel lines, rails, and injectors.