View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Shoestring
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenny nunez
K117, The returnless systems started in 03 and is a"drive by wire", just like what was said you will need everything from the CV that you have. Whatever system you use make sure to have the "data link connector" mounted under the dash. If you use a MK8 engine you will also need the fuel pump for a return style system. By using a Ford control system it will be easier to get technical help, and the parts are easier to acquire.
Kenny Nunez.
Kenny that is right. I forgot about that. You will also need the gas pedal from the donor car because the computer looks for the signal from the gas pedal to make the vehicle run. I am talking about the entire gas pedal module. looks kinda dorky all plastic but it should mount high enough that it is not entirely visible. The wholes from the original gas pedal mount almost line up correctly. I think on mine I am going to have to drill only one extra hole.

When I pulled the wiring I also tried to pull the plugs off the firewall. This helps in two areas. One the wiring diagram will reference the plugs and will help you figure things out. Second the plugs make the transition through the firewall since they are made for it. I have not done this with mine but that is the theory I am holding on to when I get to making the holes.

SS