View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 AM
fast58
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Independent Suspension questions.

I have done the CV IFS install on my '58 F100 and I couldn't be happier with the improvement in ride quality. I am aware that there is a way (kit) to install a late 80's thunderbird IRS in our trucks. My concern is what would my truck drive like with independent suspension all around. I know it will ride great but I am concerned about how it will perform.

Will the independent suspension hang curves well at high speeds? See, what I am thinking is that with independent suspension all around, the truck will tend to roll and sway easier. In my mind, it seems that going around a curve at a high rate of speed will cause the wheels on the outside to roll under the truck and result in poor handling.

My question is, will the truck perform well at high speeds driving on curvy roads? The ride quality is not a concern of mine because I know it will ride great. Also, will the rear end from this car hold up to the power of a built 351 W? I would hate to try to burn out and end up tearing up the rear end.

Thanks for the input.