Old 05-13-2012, 11:26 PM
ajsanteiro
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post CAT 3208 Injector Pump Seals & set-up guidance

Here we go! First post to this information MECA.

I'm in the research stages of converting a non-turbo Caterpillar 3208, to run on SVO. Or rather, filtered and de-watered WVO. (They use to run these in the 7000 and 8000 model Ford's back in the 80's)

I mainly I come to you today in search of the option of rebuilding the 3208's fuel injector pump with viton seals, capable of handling the exposure to the vegetable oils without breaking down like regular rubber. Any experience in rebuilding these injector pumps? Think the viton seals are even necessary?

FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE, PLEASE!

This is my parts list / set-up so far,

In order from tank to combustion...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tank - aluminum - 50gal
bought on craigslist
$60
+
Coolant Heated fuel pick up w/ no reactive metals.
Arctic fox? DIY?
$50-$200
- or
Heated Tank Pick Up
Vegmatics Online Shop
$192.50 - $200.00
+
Aluminum/SS braided fuel line ( from fuel tank - to cheap 1st filter - to fuel pump - then to the 2nd, coolant heated filter ) *wvo approved viton inners.
$50?
+
Basic spin on - cheaper - replaceable - fuel filter w/ viton seals (to have a cheaper filter to change more often…)
$100?
+
Fuel Pump Raptor100 or WVOdesigns pump for $445!?
$350-$445
+
Coolant Heated Fuel Filter - Racor 360RC - 2, 10, or 30 micron
$334.00
http://www.snapgreentech.com/product...category_id=44
+
Racor R90S - Replacement filter for Racor 360RC
$28.83
Racor R90S ELEMENT ASSY-490R, 2 MICRON
+
HIH ( from heated filter to solenoid switch. )
$100?
+
3 way solenoid valve switch - (2 of them) for looping fuels back to individual tanks
$100?
+
Aluminum/SS braided fuel line (branched off the HIH fuel line that is coming from the coolant heated filter, for the reason of looping the fuel back to the tank for circulation/purge) *.*.*NEEDS MORE RESEARCH! *.*.*
$75?
+
HIH ( from switch to FPHE )
$75?
+
Flat Plate Heat Exchanger - minimum 26 plate - preferably nickel brazed - for final heating before Injector Pump
$100-$350
+
Fuel Pressure, Temperature Guages & In-Cab/Dash switches
$200?
+
Fuel sender w/ if possible, one proven to work with WVO…
$50?

btw... you can see PICTURES of the vehicle HERE--> www.brokencompassproject.com