View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaneb75
I educated myself via this forum and did a bunch of work up front as maintenance and completely trust my truck!

The only two things I've had to repair due to failure has been the FICM and EGR valve. The FICM I sent off to Ed at ficmrepair.com. My truck has 115k, I purchased it with 96k.

Do you do all your own wrenching, if not where do you take your truck for repairs?
Most of my problems have been injector related, it eats them pretty regular, every body tells me just replace and go on. Even the guys at diesel power plus use the ford injectors. I change oils and fuel filters regular. I have replaced 1/2 the ficm. I have the old part and plan on sending it off to be redone. Does Ed increase the voltage to the injectors when he does the rebuild? The oil cooler also took a crap was told after ward to replace every 80,000 miles regardless as maintenance, mine lasted to 150,000. If I had the time I would do my own work, this truck is my work truck and I loose money every day it's down. Joe cooper ford has been doing all my work.