View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember Clay saying that the Ezi-down struts were a good idea at our GTG. Just had to get around to doing my next RR order.

Previously, back in 2010, I had asked Clay to find me an oil filler cap after I lost mine. I topped up the oil after the EBPV delete mods - which were in turn necessary because I stuffed around with the CCV and ended up blowing the pedestal EBPV actuator rod seal.

After I'd emailed Clay chasing a replacement cap I was on the US forum and followed the PartsGuyEd link and ordered another one. So I had 2 caps on order. I was pretty desperate as I'd lost my filler cap and didn't want to drive around with a rag stuck in the the cap hole. So I didn't care if I ended up with 2 as I just wanted one fast and would have whichever came 2nd as a spare.

So I was quite surprised when the PartsGuyEd-Horizon Ford place sent me an email saying that they'd cancelled my order because Clay had sent me one.

Anyway, the cap came from Clay and all was good. Then about 6 months later I'm cleaning behind the HPOP and see this big thread and wonder what it was. Out I pull the original oil cap. So, after all, I have a spare stowed in behind the back seat just-in-case.

At the time people said look in the valley, anything lost ends up there. I did have a really good look but couldn't find it. Maybe it was trapped somewhere higher and gradually worked its way down.

Anyway, when the ball joints and my order from Clay comes in I'lll take the lot down to my local garage and get them to fit the ball joints and do a wheel alignment. I'll probably get them to fit the exhaust as well.

I would love to get these trucks steering better. Any progress on that front?