Thread: Help needed!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 PM
F-250 restorer
Lead Driver
Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts
Push rod length: I got a crash course in them and their length. I went to junkyard and got about 4, and played with them. First off, I had the hb too close to the firewall. I also had to find the correct length for the mstr/hb rod.

I made a new bracket to move the hb further from the fire wall, and make it from the oem v.booster mounts.

You can see the original Astro Van mounting plate that I cut and moded. I left one of the oem bolts to clamp into the vise.

You can see the oem ford attachment for the b.pedal. I had to cut off the A.van one and weld this one on. The length of the shaft is critical, so get it right. Also, pack the hb end of the rod with ice in a rag. There are seals inside the hb that don't like to be heated.

I should also say that during the work I found that the left rear Caddy caliper was not releasing pressure for some reason, and that the right side has a blown out axle seal. I replaced all the seals, and swapped out the ebrake Caddy calipers for 75 chebby ones, that bolted right to my brackets. I now have stud monster brakes.

This is how it ended up looking.

Last edited by fordborn; 05-04-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: getting thread on track