View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 AM
tomw
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
It is a dealer part, and the price will surprise. About $5 for a bulb the size of a hefty grain of rice. OK, puffed rice. I don't know if it is available from anywhere else. At least removal is pretty simple. The two pieces to the left and right of the steering column snap in and out after you remove the headlight switch **** and the cigarette lighter socket. Then it is 4-6 screws across the bottom, and, I think, 4 across the underside of the padded dash. Pull the bottom towards you, and then slide to the passenger side. You may have to use a flat blade to get the upper panel to start passing the edge of the dash pad. Then a couple screws and the radio pulls out. I don't think you have to even disconnect the speaker, power or antenna connections. There is a button on the headlight switch that releases the **** when you depress it, and pull the **** & shaft out. That will turn on the headlights, so if you didn't disconnect the battery, you should push the **** in gently to turn them off. The tip is tapered, so it will re-connect by just pushing it in all the way.
tom