View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ct50f1
I bought a new universal joint from Mac's for my '50 F-1 but it doesn't fit. The original part, pictured below, is dished out so that there's enough clearance between the universal and the plug (grease cup) on the inside of the knuckle on the left in the photo. The replacement is too thick to clear the plug. I also checked with the local NAPA store and a drive shaft rebuilding business in town and they didn't have anything that fits any better. I've thought about removing the plug and replacing it with a flat disc to gain more room. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it?

The drive shaft company you took it to should be able to solve your problem, If not try another shop. They are supposed to be expert's. We have at least a dozen shop's here, and every one of them would be able to help you. I really can't understand in this day and age people will just sluff you off. When job's are tight and everyone complain's, these shop's should sometime's just suck it up and deal with it! Help the average Joe and the average Joe will help you. My 2c worth, and it feel's good. We have the same problem up here.