Old 04-26-2012, 04:38 PM
rumblefish73
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a 302, the one that came with the Bronco. The motor has a little bit of blow-by but doesn't seem to smoke out the exhaust. 105k on bronco so i'm assuming it's same on motor, didn't look like it had ever been into.

We just re-sealed the intake 2 weeks because it was leaking in antifreeze into #4 cylinder and near #5 to the outside... Had overheated with the wife twice because of low antifreeze and fouled #4 plug. We pulled radiator to have more room... What is a good cam to upgrade to? I've read that the 302 does not have adjustable rocker arms so do i just use the stock push rods with new lifters? Already bought the best water pump I could get at Advance Auto parts and thinking about replacing the Fuel Pump too since i'm going to a one piece essentric and the truck did sit for 4-5 years.

So back to my question though, have any of you heard that the timing was set 4 degrees retarded for emissions? is that in the cam or in the stock chain gears? so if i put the new timing set in at 12 and 6 "straight up" will it be 0 or -4? i guess the best way to find out really would be to check the TDC...