View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 07:44 PM
EL_JEFE32
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 85lebaront2
If the harness or the truck was originally a manual transmission, there would have been a jumper plug on the starter circuits. On a 2wd truck the neutral safety wires run back to the transmission crossmember then along the frame a short distance to where they plug into the frame harness. Look along the left side just forward of your transfer case for a connector with 2 red/blue wires, 1 purple/orange and 1 black/pink. Ford really hasn't changed a lot of those colors since the 50s.
Probably was a manual harness because there is no red blue wires. Now I do have one on the starter solenoid that runs to somewhere I can't find in the harnesses. They must have spliced it somewhere to make it constant start.

I Spliced the 12v purple orange to the black pink and there are the constant backup lights. So I looked up behind the neutral safety switch and I can see where the wires got pulled out of the two holes for the backup lights. I was looking for a part number but all I can see is the ford motorcraft stamp. If I get home earlier tomorrow I'll take it off and see if there is a part number on it. From all I could see from the mirror was two holes where the wires come out. If I can figure it out I'll take a pic of it if it's only two wires. Regardless if worse comes to worse ill get the standard four wire one and only use the backup lights two. I can deal with the starting issue as it starts in park neutral and first not second or third so I don't have to worry about it starting in reverse.

Does anyone know why my key cylinder mechanically locks like it should preventing starting in third second but not first gear? Weird that it doesn't stop you from starting there. Thanks fella's!