View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 01:38 PM
racingdeathwish
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike

i changed the fluid at just about 150k it now has 177k on it after i changed the fluid is when i started to notice a difference if it did not warm up at least 25 or 35 min before moved it would drive but it would act like someone put it in netural at first i raised the throtal to about 2 1/2 or 3 for about 5 seconds and it would catch and run something else i have noticed before it stoped moveing is if i was backing up and hit the breaks to fast and put it in drive i would have to wate a second for it to catch i was told by several places i called that it was the tqrke converter spleens scheared off but you would think you would hear some kinda noise they say its in oil so you would not i am almost certin its the transmission pump thats about $300.00 to be put in by a shop plus labor i have $3,200.00 i payed for it and i just replaced the drivers 4x4 hub $398.00 and now if its the trans it self i was told thousand to fifteen hundred depending on milage i almost to the point were i do beleve the tv ads i see were they say ( have you looked at ford lately ) its about the worst thing i can see out my window now