View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
I would rep you for that, Kevin, but I need to spread the love.

Fordboy - Kevin is absolutely right... many of the guys here are (semi-)retired professionals who have been working on these things longer than you've been alive and have sometimes hundreds of volumes of books & documentation.

These people enjoy helping others who are trying to learn about & do things on their own, but the general expectation is the person with the question has already done some homework on their own.

To expect people here to spoon-feed you the most basic things can be construed as arrogant & snobbish & condescending.

I've seen many of your posts both here & in the 6-banger forum, it becomes obvious you're not doing much to read & investigate & learn on your own before coming here asking for help.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with coming here and asking for help, that's why this place exists.

But displaying the kind of attitude about not doing your own basic investigation (as described by Kevin & others above) you're not doing yourself any help there.

Books are cool in that you can take them into the shop and use 'em right there. Lots of step-by-step instruction, many times even with pictures.

Manuals are invaluable, and all professionals have them and refer to them almost daily.

You might consider doing the same.