View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
dentside90
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 79 Crewcab 4x4
AC is going to be tight, get there when i get there. Going to be a combination of an aftermarket under dash assembly, the 7.3 compressor system, and going to have to find/build a rad for up front. I have the interior stuff already, but haven't put much thought into the rad yet... not my biggest concern at this time. Might be a big enough pain I won't put it in but only time will tell.

On the plus side I got bored the other day and cut out the firewall and welded the panel I had made for the computer. Little tighter than I had planned but not bad for eye-balling it. Theory goes I can run all the wiring now and get it running again..... found a 94ish stepside box that's cheap..... NO I dont' like it and no I don't plan on running it for long but I'm having a hard time finding shortbox to replace old one so... I'd rather drive it all uglied up with the stepside than have it sitting waiting for a box.
I know what you mean about wanting to get it to run. i finally got mine started yesterday. i just laid the wire harness out and hooked up the computer. a few jumper cables to ground everything and it fired right up. i had to scrap the ac i couldn't figure how to make it fit the engine compartment is just too small for the 91 a/c i think a hybrid of the 76 factory ac and the 91 would of fit but i threw away the factory air last year some time. any how i'm going to use the 260 ac 2windows down and 60mph and hack the 91 ac to use the heater core and blower. what are you doing for the steering column? i'd love to keep the key in the dash and use original but im just not sure the effort it would take to modify the original 76 will be worth it.