View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sugars Pop
Unfortunately the Dealership is the only place I know of in Houston that can remove the cab to replace them and they will only use which ever brand is stocked in the parts dept.
Should beat the mileage criteria for the next failure if I trade it in at year end but the poor soul that buys this truck will have to deal with it. Ford admits they have a problem that's why they switched to the 6.7 for 2011.
I googled 6.4 HPFP and it's unbelievable of the stories I read- one guy had three new engines under warranty etc......................
Why did you're HPFP's fail? I've heard of plenty of people going farther than you on their first pump.
They switched the design in 2011 for reasons other than to hide a high pressure fuel pump issue. HPFP issues still exists, in the 6.7 and other brands as well. Usually a water or fuel issue.

When I hear stories about guys getting multiple engines in a row, I start thinking either this is lottery odds, or it's something HE did to the truck, maybe by accident, like fueling from a nasty farm fuel tank with unknown water in it. Maybe from never changing the filters.