View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 AM
metriccar
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I checked the base timing and it is about right on, and I can't seem to move the distributor when I totally loosen the hold down clamp anyways, which is really wierd.

I did not replace the plugs or wires or caps, the person who owned it before me did. But I did go back and check them all and saw that they were new, when I did the compression check. They looked very white as if the truck is running lean (they almost looked like they were too hot of a plug, they were Autolite 25's).

I did replace the PCV grommet because it was totally loose and the PCV valve wouldn't even stay in there. Oddly enough that seemed to help but there's still some rough idle there. I can feel it in the seat and see the passenger seat shake some. Whereas the passenger seat used to always shake at idle, now it just has spurts of shaking at idle. So now I'm thinking this may be more vacuum leaks. It could be any of them in this spaghetti of air hoses. And it could be a collection of small leaks that are too small to pick up individually with the old starter fluid test.

I wonder how much it would cost to replace all of the hoses.

I checke and with empty driving on the highway with a little of in town of stop and go, I got about 10 MPG. It has E4OD with 4.10 ring and pinion. I think the 4.10 rear gears are what's killing me on the highway.