View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 11:39 AM
82f100460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by granny_rocket
thanks all! that's good news. I hate making adjustments like that. I know there's a rod, etc. I used to be a big Oldsmobile buff (hence why my user name is "rocket". I should change that LOL) and the GM's were the same way. I just never had that problem and wasn't sure if it was a ford way of doing things.

Kevin, is that a ford chassis service manual? Where did you find that and do you have an idea as to what they sell for? I could totally use one although my truck is pretty much self-explanatory. No emissions so the only real electronics are the ignition controls and the radio and my cellular phone when I'm in the truck (the radio is factory original ha-ha-ha if you can even call it "electronic").
you are correct...they are just like the old GM's....done a few of them myself. Restoring (well customizing really) a 72 BB Nova right now with a 427.

This manual is an EVTM manaul published by ford. They are absolutely wonderful. Go to ebay and search your year EVTM and you will get results....for example mine is an 82 so search for "1982 EVTM" and you'll get 50-100 results. Mine was $15....worth 10x that. And that's about the going price. I've seen them on there for $5

They are actually part of a (I think) a 4 volume set for each year. There's one for engine, chasis, maintenance and then the EVTM. Which stands for Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual.

It will be for the F100-350 including the Bronco. The early ones, like mine up to 1982, will also include the currier. The Currier in 1983 became the Ranger as the compact truck. Prior to 1983, the Ranger was one of the full size pickup lines. Ranger, Explorer, etc... Those then became names of trucks themselves and the F series trucks started using the XL, XLT, Lariat, etc....names for their trim packages.

So if you just enter EVTM you get what you want. Don't try to use pickup, F150, etc....in your search....EVTM is specific to Ford manuals so that's all you'll get.

If you're looking for the other manuals in the series (engine, lubrication, etc...) then just search for your year and use Shop or Service manual. There are thousands of them on ebay.