View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 PM
tolliewolly
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6.7 Wind Noise and Door Rattle remedy

Hey everyone.

I know we have been talking about this some on the forum and after alot of research I wanted to post my results and findings. I hope this helps everyone.

My superduty had rattles on the doors. It sounded like it was coming from the plastic inside part. I have battled thses for months and have finally found what it was.
Come to find out is was the glue adhesive that Ford uses to put the moisture barrier in. The simple way to fix it was to duct tape all of the edges up behind the door skin. Tape up the moisture barrier at the edges and put the skin back on. I added some foam behind mine to firm up the plastic skin as well. It was tough getting the skin back on but sure did help it alot. I did this to both front doors. Was not necessary to the rear ones.

With the wind noise beside the head on the drivers side.......At first I thought it was the window seal but that was not it come to find out. I looked a tthe passenger side and looked at the drivers wondering what it could be. I noticed that the drivers door at the top was not in line and laying flat with the rear door. From the plant......Ford had the door at the latch side too high. It was only off maybe 3 16th's......very small but I lowered the door with the striker. Got the door in line with the back door from top to bottom. I also did Epics door mod with the surgical tubing.
I lined up the door and tested it a few times. Made minor adjustments and wah lah!!!! Solved. Im pretty sure I got 90% out of it. I can still hear A LITTLE but it may be my imagination. Its probably in my head at this point since I have been ticked at the truck since I bought it. My dealer wont help so it has been very frustrating.

These are the tips to solve those problems. If you need any help or questions them pm me and I will be more than happy to help.
I hope mine stays quiet. That wind noise thing has come and gone before so I will post in a few months on how shes doing. As for now I tightened everything down and am gonna let my 6.7 haul!!!