Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 518 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by joshofalltrades
i got there today and picked up the IP and all fuel lines, and the filter assy, for dirty cheap. the engine is labeled a 7.3 on the valve cover, and the filter tower is the type that has the water seperator built into it, instead of having the separate unit down on teh frame like mine has.
which brings me to the question: since my water separator just started leaking, how much work is involved installing the filter tower i just picked up onto my van? its the style that has the lower filter bowl on the bottom of the filter, and is labeled with comments about draining the water. it has 2, 1-wire harnesses to it, one for the WIF light, and the other, what??? i want to know what i'm doing before i tear my system apart. for the moment, my system is patched with a plugged hose coming off the water separator drain, we'll see how long that lasts.
i also grabbed the steering pump, and i must say, i'm satisfied with my original pump as is, so whats the going price for this pump?? anyone need it?

KB1JID, i'll try to pull your parts tomorrow when i'm there, and then send you a PM to figure out price and shipping and all that. it does have cruise, and i just set that aside.
On the F series, there are 3 one wire connectections, 1- WIF, connects to bottom of filter. 2- Fuel heater connects to top of filter head. 3- Fuel restriction, connects to sensor next to schrader valve.