View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 PM
63nova86F250
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ctubutis
I may be misunderstanding you.... you presently own a F250, want to buy a F350 for parts, this is where I get confused.

In any event, on the outset your plan sounds like it might be good but I don't know for certain... IIRC there are over a dozen different variations of spindles & hubs listed in the parts book for these trucks, and I would never go out on a limb without first thoroughly investigating and tell anyone that "the parts between the two models are the same." There are just waaaaaaaaaaaay too many variations & possibilities IMHO to say that.

It's when you change the GVWR that issues with taxes & licensing come into play, and apparently downgrading requires all sorts of bureaucracy and paperwork and Salvage (or built-from-parts) titles and whatnot. Ask your local DMV to be certain, I'd just hate to see you or a future owner find themselves in a world of hurt.

Lessee if Kevin is willing to go look up your tag numbers (which are preferable to door codes, anyway)....
Correct, I currently own an F250HD, with a Dana 50 TTB front axle. I want to convert to a solid front axle, the Dana 60 that was found under the front of the same model year F350. I've done a pretty decent amount of background research into this and from the knuckles out, the Dana 50 and Dana 60 use the same parts, including brake size etc. I know for a fact that the rear springs are the same and only the spring blocks differentiate between an F350 and an F250HD. The F350's had 4" blocks from the factory versus 2.5" blocks in F250's. I don't know about non-HD F250's, but the HD F250's shared the Sterling 10.25 full float rear axle with the F350. Therefore, the only potential difference should lie in the front springs and whether or not there is a difference in GAWR?