View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 PM
PatsPOS
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm probably gonna just add to the confusion, rather than clarify it...don't Allegheny and Philadelphia Counties have the IM240 emissions tests? I know out here in the hinterlands we just have a visual/gas cap test. And yeah, my understanding of "visual" is that the equipment just has to be there; it doesn't actually have to work. How a guy would make the Thermactor system LOOK like it's working is beyond my level of creativity, however...I'd think the provisions would be there on a '76 351W head, even if it wasn't utilized. It'd just be a matter of finding an air injector manifold that bolts onto the backs of the heads to make it LOOK like it's working. Of course, a smog pump WITH a belt would be helpful, too...doesn't mean it actually has to be injecting air into the exhaust.

Citizenrain...the moral of the story is that if you can make it LOOK like everything works, you shouldn't have a problem. The Commonwealth doesn't care if you gut the cats and block off the EGR, just as long as the hardware is there. Unless you're actually gonna live IN Allegheny County...then I'm just not sure.

Clear as mud...
Pat