Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 AM
john165
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What sensor malfunctions will throw the computer into Limp Mode

I picked up a 1984 F250 4x4 with an Inline 6 the other day. The reason behind the purchase was because I always wanted a 4x4. Anyway the feedback system was not in use, which wasnt a bother to me because I plan on fixing this truck up. It needs some stuff done to it, and it is a big improvement over my 84 f250 Inline 6 2wd. My 2wd is a rust bucket LITERALLY lol. The motor and tranny in the 2wd are strong, i meam really strong even thou it is in Limp mode too!

So the 4x4, I want to fix up and transfer the motor over to it and have the 4 speed trans rebuilt, which I was told was an NP and it grinds the 2nd gear which I havent fully yet determined as to what the cause is whether the clutch or the syncros. And I dont know where the id tag is or stamp???

Now, like what the title said, what sensor malfunctions, will throw the computer into Limp Mode? I am debating on whether to replace all sensor's or change the 4x4 over to Duraspark? So far I have added the money up to $234 for the MAP, FEEDBACK, TPS, OXYGEN, BOWL VENT. I dont know about the emission connectors attached to the valve cover, whether they do work and if they dont if they are still available? If the Dura spark conversion is cost effective verses bringing the computer out of limp mode then I would do that. Thats why I need to know what sensors and solenoids have to work with the computer so I would have the variable timing curve and not the fixed timing? Thanks.