View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by stephen.osborne1
I'd still love to see the 4.4 Powerstroke. I think the power and mileage potential could beat the ecoboost, as great of an engine as it is... They'd certainly have to keep the cost down though. What is the Ecoboost premium? $700?
On the XLT it looks like the EB is an extra $2,095 over the V6 and $1,095 over the 5.0l. Don't know about the other trim levels, I'm only interested in XLTs.

As for the diesel Dodge a lot of people buy it just because its a diesel. Too many people are under the assumption diesel engines are some kind of magical powerhouse. Add the Cummins name on top it yet and the fanboys will cream their pants and ***** out their daughter to buy it. I'd expect the diesel option on the 1500 Dodge to be at minimum $4,000 over the 5.7l. The V8 Cummins sounds to me like they designed a diesel engine to perform more like a forced induction gasoline engine. It will probably use DEF also. I still wouldn't buy one. With what the EPA has done to diesel engines the chances of me ever owning one is slim to none.