Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 2losteve
I like your project. I have a '57 that I'm trying to decide which to use; a mod motor/aod or a 292 I have, hooked to an aod. What bellhousing/adapter did you use?
I like the "Rams-Horns" too.

Steve
Hi Steve,

The Rams-horns are from Mummert. HOME*********************** Y

$349 is a fairly good deal considering that before they were available, some original (rusty, cracked) rams-horns went for over $600 on ebay from time to time!!!!

Bentsen adapter. Transmission Adapters

They're not cheap but it's the only game in town... I think I paid about $800+ for it. It does fit nicely but it requires you to go from the standard truck mounts to a side mount system and rear/trans-tailshaft mount.

I'm still building mine. I have some pictures which I'll post in a couple of days.

I chose an E4OD since they're used up to and including the F450 and behind the 300(6), 302, 5.4 V-8, V-10, 460, 7.3L Diesel, etc.....

Mine came out of an F-450 diesel. I had a transmission guy build me a trans using the trans-case from a SBF/300-6 using all the heavier duty parts for a diesel including the rear-mounted parking brake that came in the F-450 and motor home chassis' (The F-600 doesn't have parking brake provisions in the rear brakes)

I'll also add that I am sticking with the 292 because it'll look "right" under the hood and more importantly, It'll SOUND "RIGHT" too.

If I didn't use the Y-block, I would probably use an EFI 300-6

Regards,

Rick